The 8th Annual Savor Dallas Food and Wine Festival 2012 will take place on March 30th and 31st, 2012. This is the largest premium wine, food and spirits event in Texas with over 60 of the area’s top chefs and more than 400 premium wines, spirits and beers. There will even be a concert! All of the events are fund-raisers for local organizations.
Here’s a summary of the events:
The Arts District Wine Stroll is $35 and allows participants to enjoy wine and food tastings at the Dallas Museum of Art, the Nasher Sculpture Center, the Meyerson Symphony Center and the Winspear Opera House on Friday, March 30th from 5-7 pm.
Following the Wine Stroll, “Sips and Sounds” ($35) is scheduled at the historic Kessler Theater in the Bishop Arts District from 8-midnight with recording artist Carrie Rodriguez and tasty sips and bits from Oak Cliff Chefs.
There will be a “Great Women Chefs” ($99) event at the Milestone Culinary Arts center in Uptown Dallas on Saturday March 31st from 11:30-1:30 led by Chef Sharon Van Meter. The ticket includes a copy of the “Cooking with Les Dames D’Escoffier” cookbook.
On Saturday, you can also enjoy a Wine and Scardello Artisan Cheese seminar for $55 at the Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek or a Wine Panel Tasting seminar at the Four Seasons Resort Las Colinas with Master Sommeliers James Tidwell and Drew Hendricks. ($50)
The main event will be held on Saturday, March 31st at the Irving Convention Center at 500 W. Las Colinas Boulevard. The VIP Reserve Tasting is on Saturday from 5-6:30 ($125) and will feature ultra-premium wines. This event will lead into the International Grand Tasting ($100) from 7-10 pm with top chefs serving plenty of food and drinks. There will be a silent auction to benefit the North Texas Food Bank.
The event has partnered with hotels in the immediate vicinity like the Four Season Dallas-Las Colinas and the Omni Mandalay Hotel for special room rates. Visit www.savordallas.com/hotelinfo.htm for more information.
To get tickets and see the full schedule of events visit www.savordallas.com
Dr. EveAnn Lovero writes Travel Guides @ www.vino-con-vista.com
- 8th Annual San Diego Bay Wine and Food Festival 2011 (vinoconvistablog.me)22nd Annual Savor Sonoma Valley Wine Festival 2012 (vinoconvistablog.me)
- 2nd Annual Atlanta Food and Wine Festival 2012 in Georgia (vinoconvistablog.me)
- Masters of Food and Wine: Global Culinary Weekends (vinoconvistablog.me)
- Cancun Riviera Maya Food and Wine Festival 2012 in Mexico: “Taste the New World” (vinoconvistablog.me)
- Food and Wine Festival Palm Desert 2012 for James Beard Endowed Scholarships (vinoconvistablog.me)
- Taste Washington 2012: A Food and Wine Festival in Seattle (vinoconvistablog.me)
- 27th Annual Hilton Head Island Wine and Food Festival 2012 in South Carolina (vinoconvistablog.me)
- Pebble Beach Food and Wine Festival 2012 (vinoconvistablog.me)
- South Pacific Food and Wine Festival in Denarau Fiji from March 14-17, 2012 (vinoconvistablog.me)