Here’s a list of the top Seafood and Wine Festivals
Kapalua Wine & Food Festival in Maui, Hawaii is held in June. This festival started in 1981 and has grown to become one of Maui’s most popular. It is held at the Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua and, attracts chefs, winemakers, critics and foodies. www.kapalua.com
Clayoquot Oyster Festival in British Columbia is held in November.
The Shellfish farms on Vancouver Island‘s west coast harvest roughly 50,000 gallons of oysters a year. In “Oysterember” local chefs and wineries from British Columbia have an annual celebration. oystergala.com
Crab & Wine Days in Mendocino, California is held in January.
This celebration kicks off Taste Mendocino, a three-weekend festival showcasing locally caught Dungeness crab and locally produced wines. Check out the annual crab cake cook-off and wine tasting at Fort Bragg‘s Noyo Harbor. gomendo.com
Harvest on the Harbor in Portland, Maine is held in October.
Portland is the perfect spot for a weekend filled with top chefs and international wines. Attend the Grand Tasting accompanied by a 7-piece bluegrass band! harvestontheharbor.com
Cayman Cookout on Grand Cayman Island is held January.
The glitzy Ritz-Carlton hosts an open-air event on Seven Mile Beach. caymanislands.ky/cookout
Newport Seafood & Wine Festival in Oregon is held in February.
The 2012 theme is “Swingin’ On the Vine for the 35th Time.” Enjoy local oyster, crab, and other seafood dishes while you sip on Pinot Noir, Cab and local mead wine (made from honey). newportchamber.org
Taste of the Beach on the Outer Banks of North Carolina is held in March.
This festival has “more than 40 events showcasing local seafood and libations from around the world.” There are interesting events like a chowder cook-off and a the tapas crawl. obxtasteofthebeach.com
Pebble Beach Food & Wine in Pebble Beach, California is held in April.
Attend a four-day gastronomic celebration in golf mecca! pebblebeachfoodandwine.com
Dr. EveAnn Lovero writes Travel Guides @ www.vino-con-vista.com
- Taste Washington 2012: A Food and Wine Festival in Seattle (vinoconvistablog.me)
- “The Best Thing I Ever Ate” at the South Beach Wine and Food Festival 2012 (vinoconvistablog.me)
- 30th Annual Aspen Food and Wine Festival in Colorado (vinoconvistablog.me)
- Newport Oregon’s 35th Annual Seafood and Wine Festival 2012 (vinoconvistablog.me)
- Raise Your Glass to the Celebrity Chefs at the South Beach Wine and Food Festival for Generating over $17 million for FIU (vinoconvistablog.me)
- Check Out the Spruce Goose at the McMinnville Food and Wine Classic 2012 (vinoconvistablog.me)
- Inside the Aspen Food and Wine Classic (homeaway.com)
- The Austin Food and Wine Festival 2012 (vinoconvistablog.me)
- Historic Wentworth by the Sea in New Hampshire is having their 2012 Annual Winter Wine Festival (vinoconvistablog.me)
- Take a “Bubble-Licious” Sip for Scholarship at the 38th Annual UNLV Wine Festival in 2012 (vinoconvistablog.me)
- 22nd Annual Savor Sonoma Valley Wine Festival 2012 (vinoconvistablog.me)
- 7th Annual Galena Wine Lovers’ Weekend in Illinois (vinoconvistablog.me)