Foodies and culinary connoisseurs flock to sunny Scottsdale year after year to attend this long-running Southwestern festival celebrating the art of good food and wine.
2. Shaken & Stirred
When: Wednesday, April 18, 2012 at 6:00pm (Reception) & 7:30pm (Dinner)
Where: Deseo at The Westin Kierland Resort 6902 East Greenway Parkway Scottsdale, AZ 85254 (800) 354-5892
Cost: Tickets are $200 per person.
3. Bubbles & Bliss
When: Tuesday, April 17th from 7-10 p.m.
Where: The Saguaro 4000 N. Drinkwater Blvd. Scottsdale, AZ 85251
Price: $40 per person. For more information, call the Scottsdale League for the Arts office at (480) 945-7193 or visit www.ScottsdaleFest.org.
Stroll around The Saguaro’s pool and sample champagne-infused cuisine designed by Chef Jose Garces. Chef Garces is the 2010 winner of The Next Iron Chef, a James Beard award and is the executive chef/owner of eight esteemed restaurants across the United States including a restaurant in Old Town Scottsdale heading up The Saguaro’s restaurant, Distrito.
3. Burger Battle on Thursday, April 19, 6 PM – 10 PM
WHERE: Scottsdale Stadium 7408 East Osborn Road Scottsdale, Arizona
$55 per person
For the first time in Arizona, twenty of the best chefs and restaurants will compete for the coveted title of Best Burger in the Valley. Those who attend the friendly, burger bash will have the chance to taste and vote for the burger with the best bite. The winning restaurant takes away a shiny trophy and unlimited bragging rights. Your musical appetite will also be satisfied with tunes by The Walkens.
4. The Picnic is the perfect place to sample fare from over 50 food and beverage exhibitors. Travel Channel’s Adam Richman and Andrew Zimmern will share stories and showcase their culinary prowess. There will also be a Picnic After Party. Hosted at Clayton on the Park next to the Picnic grounds. The After Party will offer DJ entertainment, drinks and dancing.
5. Arizona Culinary Hall of Fame: The 21st annual Arizona Culinary Hall of Fame will honor its newest recipients on Tuesday, April 17th at 7 p.m. Top chefs and restaurant industry professionals from across the state will gather in downtown Scottsdale for this great achievement.
Dr. EveAnn Lovero writes Travel Guides @ www.vino-con-vista.com
- Food and Wine Festival Palm Desert 2012 for James Beard Endowed Scholarships (vinoconvistablog.me)
- Top Chefs Display Culinary BBQ Prowess at South Beach Foodie Marathon (vinoconvistablog.me)
- James Beard Award Finalists Announced (slog.thestranger.com)
- James Beard Awards Are Late (but Welcome) to the Bar (dinersjournal.blogs.nytimes.com)
- United Way Miami Wine and Food Festival 2012 (vinoconvistablog.me)
- The Austin Food and Wine Festival 2012 (vinoconvistablog.me)