The Park Hyatt Masters of Food & Wine Program is a series of Global Food and Wine Events. These culinary weekend workshops are available at Park Hyatt hotels. Park Hyatt chefs and sommeliers lead masters-in-training quarterly classes. Park Hyatt Masters events take place on the following dates: January 13-15; March 23-25; June 22-24 and September 21-23, 2012.
Here’s how it works. The Park Hyatt chefs and sommeliers lead masters-in-training seminars in different types of
“hands-on courses” on the designated day:
(1) In the Field: Interaction with artisanal food or beverage purveyors
(2) In the Kitchen: Onsite cooking, prep workshops, and specialty tastings and
(3) In the Moment: Tips on service and presentation.
Check out the full calendar of events and participating properties’ itineraries at www.mastersfoodandwine.com.
Here’s a list of some of the activities from the website:
• Park Hyatt Maldives will host a fishing excursion led by the hotel’s Executive Chef and resident Marine Biologist. The following day, guests will collect local produce on a farm on a nearby island. After returning to the resort, they will learn regional cooking techniques and will enjoy a traditional Maldivian meal prepared with the fresh ingredients caught and collected.
• Park Hyatt Washington will host a local microbrew tasting with the brew masters at PortCity Brewing Company, a winter tea blend tasting with Certified Tea Master Rodrick Markus, and an intimate cooking class with Blue Duck Tavern Chef de Cuisine John Melfi highlighting the season’s best ingredients.
• Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi will host an excursion to a local date farm. Following the excursion, guests are invited to a cooking class led by the culinary team where they will learn to prepare the region’s famous hot and cold mezza as well as delicious Arabic sweets.
• Park Hyatt Beaver Creek is partnering with ski legend Chris Anthony and Silver Oak Cellars to host a weekend of great skiing, delicious food, and decadent wine. Après-ski, enjoy tasty Colorado cuisine prepared by 8100 Mountainside Bar & Grill’s Executive Chef, Christian Apetz, and a reserve wine tasting led by Silver Oaks.
Park Hyatt Chicago will hosts an evening of wine, beer and a variety of Judy’s Goat Cheeses on March 23, 2012. Participants will experience a behind-the-scenes kitchen tour and interactive cheese and wine/beer tasting in our Wine Cellar.
Dr. EveAnn Lovero writes Travel Guides @ www.vino-con-vista.com
- Pebble Beach Food and Wine Festival 2012 (vinoconvistablog.me)
- Taste Washington 2012: A Food and Wine Festival in Seattle (vinoconvistablog.me)
- 30th Annual Aspen Food and Wine Festival in Colorado (vinoconvistablog.me)
- Raise Your Glass to the Celebrity Chefs at the South Beach Wine and Food Festival for Generating over $17 million for FIU (vinoconvistablog.me)