Travel to the fascinating The Columbia River Gorge region for Labor Day. The Gorge is a canyon that stretches for over 80 miles. The gorge is the only navigable route through the Cascades and links to the Pacific Ocean. This area forms the boundary between the states of Washington and Oregon and has some of the most spectacular scenery in Oregon. In 1986, the Columbia River Gorge “became the first and only National Scenic Area in the United States.”
- Singing Cowboys
The Columbia Gorge Wine Growers Association is hosting a Labor Day Weekend Open House. The Columbia Gorge AVA is a winegrowing Region (AVA) that is located an hour east of the Portland. There will be special events at many wineries in the area. So spend Labor Day Weekend in the incredible Columbia Gorge region where you can visit quaint waterfront towns located at the foothills of Mount Hood, Oregon‘s tallest peak. There are plenty of spectacular wineries and Tasting Rooms.
- Cascade Cliffs Wine
- Penetration Wine and Matching Tee Shirt
- Quenette Wine
- Tasting Rooms in Hood River
They will be featuring special releases and offering discounts.
WHEN: September 1st-3rd, 2012
WHERE: Columbia Gorge Wineries in Washington and Oregon
The wineries span the Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area. There is “a world of wine in 40 miles” in this tranquil heavenly paradise.
You can visit wineries in Oregon and Washington in this area. Use the Hood Bridge to travel between the two states.
They are only separated by a bridge.
The Oregon wineries are located from Hood River to The Dalles; the Washington Wineries span Underwood to Goldendale. Click here for more information: downloadable map
Here’s the OPEN HOUSE Line-Up:
1. AlmaTerra Wines Labor Day Weekend Hours: Friday 4-9:30 with live music from 7-9 pm; Sat, Sun, Mon noon – 6 pm 208 West Steuben Street (State Highway 14) Bingen WA 98605 • Phone: (509) 637-2633 Labor Day Specials: Pouring our flight of four 2008 new-release single-vineyard Syrahs (a rare event!) along with new Artist-series Museum Red and Museum White blends. Free appetizers Sat-Mon. This weekend only (Sat-Mon): two Reidel crystal wineglasses free with new wine club sign ups ($20 value and 20% off wine purchases).
2. COR Cellars Thursday -Monday 11am-6pm 3. Domaine Pouillon 11am – 6pm They will hold a Blind Tasting Contest during the Labor Day weekend holiday. The lucky winner gets to experience a day of “crush” with their winemaker, Alexis.
4. Garnier Vineyards in Mosier Oregon is having a Labor Day Weekend Garden Party and Cellar Sale on Sunday, September 2nd from 2-6 pm. There will be live music from Andiamo and food from Boda’s Kitchen. Enjoy music on the lawn, good food, and great wines!
Labor Day Weekend Wine Tasting and New Releases with live music by: The Signatures www.signaturesmusic.com, Wayman Chapman www.waymanchapman.com and Bluestone www.bluestonejazz.net6. Springhouse Cellar noon to 6pm with a special 2009 Merlot release.
7. SUNSHINE MILL WINERY noon-10 Friday and Saturday; noon-6 Sunday and Monday. Play bocce ball and enjoy brats and appetizers paired with Quenett and Copa Di Vino wine. Watch a free summer movie on the Silos. Spokane based band “Coal Bird” will be playing in the amphitheater
- Quenette Winery Tasting Room in Hood River
8. The Pines Tasting Room and Gallery is celebrating their Tasting Room’s 6th anniversary with “a weekend of wine tasting, hors d’oeuvres, art, and a special 20% discount on 6+ bottle purchases” all weekend. They will have live music and dancing Friday from 6-9 and from Lolo Motion.
- The Pines Tasing Room in Hood River Oregon
9. Waving Tree September 1-3, 10 am-5 pm with entertainment by “The Sugar Daddies” Saturday & Sunday 1-4pm.
Visit www.ColumbiaGorgeWine.com for more information.
Dr. EveAnn Lovero writes Travel Guides and Apps @ www.vino-con-vista.com
- My Glorious Vino con Vista Weekend in Hood River Oregon
- Spectacular Waterfalls and the Columbia River Gorge in Oregon
- Oregon Wineries Leverage the Power of Social Media at the 2012 Bloggers Conference in Portland
- Italy in the Valley Festival 2012 in Carlton Oregon
- Top 50 Labor Day Weekend Events
- Wine Tourism in Washington State