|Make plans to attend The Chicago Air & Water Show. There are some interesting places to watch the show at North Avenue Beach. Try the Castaways Bar and Grill or Sand Bar Beer Garden.
2. You can get tickets for the Friends of Conservation Air & Water Show Yacht Party. VIP Tickets are $105 and includes express rooftop entry- BUY NOW! The Air & Water Show Yacht Party will benefit the Friends of Conservation Organization. Zonin Wine will be a hosting with plenty of tasty bites from PopChips and the Corner Bakery. Air & Water Show Yacht Party General Admission Tickets are $85.00 and includes a hosted bar and hors’ devours.
When: August 18, 2012 from 1:00pm-5:00pm
3. Or get tickets for one of the other Spectacular Chicago-area Boat Tours ASAP including:
http://www.wendellaboats.com 4. Watch the action from the 94th floor of the Hancock Building at 875 N. Michigan Ave. from the comfort of the John Hancock Observatory while enjoying a drink at the Lavazza Espression Café.
The John Hancock Observatory provides a 360° view of the city, up to four states and over 80 miles.
One of my favorite Vino con Vista Spots is on the 95th floor at the Signature Room. When the building was completed in 1968 it was the tallest building in the world outside New York City. “It is currently the fourth-tallest building in Chicago and the sixth-tallest in the United States, after the Willis Tower, the Empire State Building, the Bank of America Tower, the Trump Tower Chicago and the Aon Center.”
Your best bet is to hound one of your Chicago high-rise dwelling buddies with a Lake Michigan view to invite you over. Promise to bring plenty of champagne, wine and appetizers. That always works for me.
WHEN: Saturday, August 18th & Sunday, August 19th 10 am – 3 pm each
|The Chicago Air And Water Show is one of the largest free air shows in the United States. “The Chicago Air And Water Show is an annual event that began in 1959 and attracts over 2 Million aviation spectators every year. The annual event takes place over Chicago’s Lake Michigan and features various aviation acts raging from military aircraftto corporate sponsored aerobatic teams.
The U.S. Navy Blue Angels have been astounding audiences since 1946 with their gravity-defying flights and supersonic maneuvers in their F/A-18 Hornets.
My favorite part of the Chicago Air Show is the jets flying in formation.
The 54th annual show will take place above the and waterfront August 18-19, 2012 from 10am-3pm each day, with North Avenue Beach as the center point. The U.S. Army Parachute Team Golden Knights and the U.S. Navy Leap Frogs will “jump out of an aircraft 12,500 feet above the earth’s surface, racing to the beach at speeds exceeding 120 mph before making a perfect landing.”
The weekend’s headliners include: the U.S. Navy Blue Angels, the U.S. Army Parachute Team Golden Knights and the U.S. Navy Leap Frogs. “Daredevil pilots performing their aerial stunts include Sean D. Tucker and Team Oracle in the Oracle Challenger, Aeroshell Aerobatic Team in their WWII North American Advanced Trainer, Lima Lima Flight Team in the BeechT-34 Mentor, The Firebirds in their Walter Extra 300 S and Chuck Aaron in the Red Bull Helicopter.”
There is also a water-skiing and boat-jumping element to the annual event. You don’t have to be an aviation guru to enjoy the show. The Chicago lakefront offers plenty of fun events during this annual beach-front extravaganza.
WHEN: August 18-19, 2012 in Chicago.
|Chicago Air Show.com is a proud sponsor of the U.S. Armed Forces.|
|You can watch the show from the beach or attend a Yacht Party.|
- English: Chicago, Ill. (Aug. 22, 2004) – The U.S. Navy flight demonstration team, the “Blue Angels,” delta formation performs the loop break crossover maneuver over Lake Michigan during the Chicago Air and Water Show. The Blue Angels fly the F/A-18A Hornet, performing approximately 30 maneuvers during the aerial demonstration lasting over an hour. U.S. Navy photo by Photographer’s Mate 2nd Class Ryan J. Courtade (RELEASED) (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
- Lake Michigan Boat Cruise on the Kanan Yacht
Dr. EveAnn Lovero writes Travel Guides and Apps @ www.vino-con-vista.com
- Chicago Navy Week 2012
- Watch the Sun Set in Chicago on a “Happy Hour” Boat Cruise
- Blue Angels visit Seattle
- Chicago’s 8th Annual Windy City Wine Festival 2012
- 15th Annual Ferrari Festival 2012 at The Italian Village Restaurant in Chicago
- Catholic Charities Annual Boat Cruise 2012 in Chicago
- Chicago’s Windy City Wine Festival 2012
- Chicago’s Iconic Water Tower (vinoconvistablog.me)
- Three Upcoming Air and Water Shows on the Shores of Lake Michigan (jaunted.com)